- Paine College Library Digital Collection
- 1899 Haygood Hall
- Date of Original:
- African American universities and colleges
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, Augusta, 33.47097, -81.97484
- Haygood Hall, The Main Building On Campus, Was Named In Memory Of Bishop A.G. Haygood. It Was A Four Story Brick And Stone Building That Housed The Chapel, Administrative Offices, Library, Classrooms, And Scientific Laboratory. Haygood Hall Contained A Tower That Housed A Large Clock And A Bell That Rang On The Hour, And Was Heard Throughout The City. It Was Destroyed By Fire On August 3, 1968.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Physical rights of the images in this collection are retained by the Collins-Callaway Library, Special Collections/Archives of Paine College, or are protected by copyright. To order an item or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact the Library Director at 706-821-8361.
- Original Collection:
- Collins-Callaway Library/Special Collecions and Archives
- Holding Institution:
- Paine College. Library