- Paine College Library Digital Collection
- 1929 Mr. Edmund C. Peters, President
- Date of Original:
- African American universities and colleges
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, Augusta, 33.47097, -81.97484
- Mr. Peters Came To The College As Its Seventh President In 1929, Following His Experience As A High School Principal In Louisiana And A Missionary In The Far East, And Served Until 1956. Under His Administation, Paine College Was Accepted Into Full Membership Of The Southern Association of College And Schools, And The Curriculum Was Changed To Meet The Needs Of The Students. The Golden Jubilee Was Celebrated During His Tenure; The Paine College Ideal Was Composed; And Warren A. Candler Library, Randall A. Carter Gymnasium And The George Williams Walker Science Buildings Were Constructed.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Physical rights of the images in this collection are retained by the Collins-Callaway Library, Special Collections/Archives of Paine College, or are protected by copyright. To order an item or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact the Library Director at 706-821-8361.
- Original Collection:
- Collins-Callaway Library/Special Collections and Archives
- Holding Institution:
- Paine College. Library