- Paine College Library Digital Collection
- 1956 Dr. E. Clayton Calhoun, President
- Date of Original:
- African American universities and colleges
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, Augusta, 33.47097, -81.97484
- Dr. Calhoun Was Elected The Eighth President Of Paine College In 1956, And Gave Fourteen Years Of Progressive Leadership To The College Following His Experience As A Methodist Minister And Missionary To China In 1940 And 1946. Paine Had An All White Administration Of Presidents That Existed From 1882 To 1970; Dr. Calhoun was The Last President To Serve During That Time. Under His Administration, The First Institutional Self-Study Was Conducted, And Nine New Structures Were Completed Or Begun.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Physical rights of the images in this collection are retained by the Collins-Callaway Library, Special Collections/Archives of Paine College, or are protected by copyright. To order an item or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact the Library Director at 706-821-8361.
- Original Collection:
- Collins-Callaway Library/Special Collections and Archives
- Holding Institution:
- Paine College. Library