- Second Seminole War, Okefenokee region manuscript map
- Dearborn, Greenleaf
- Date of Original:
- Seminole Indians--Florida
Seminole War, 2nd, 1835-1842
- Beall, Benjamin Lloyd, 1801-1863
Floyd, Charles Rinaldo, 1797-1845
- United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- Handwritten manuscript map of the seat of the Second Seminole War in the Okefenokee Region. The map is believed to be created by Major Greenleaf Dearborn, a commanding officer who participated in General Charles Rinaldo Floyd's campaign through the region in November 1838. The maps primary feature is the location of a number of named and unnamed forts surrounding the Okefenokee Swamp and the location of the route of Captain Benjamin Lloyd Beall and his detachment of soldiers in September 1838.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Second Seminole War, Okefenokee region manuscript map, ms4209, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.
- Original Collection:
- Box 1 Folder 1, Second Seminole War, Okefenokee region manuscript map, ms4209, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library