- Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights Series
- Interview with George Williams, 2009 October 5
- McKinnell, Stephanie
- Contributor to Resource:
- Money, Crystal
Williams, George, 1935-
Scott, Thomas Allan, 1943-
- Interview with George Williams, 2009-10-05, Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights series, 2009-2010, Kennesaw State University Oral History Project, 1973- , KSU/45/05/001, Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Cobb County--Interviews
Marietta (Ga.)--Social life and customs
Williams, George, 1935- --Interviews
Zion Baptist Church (Marietta, Ga.)
- Williams, George, 1935-
- United States, Georgia, Cobb County, Marietta, 33.9526, -84.54993
- oral histories (literary works)
- George Williams was born in Marietta, Georgia, and attended Lemon Street High School. He is a longtime member of Zion Baptist Church, where he serves as a deacon. Williams was instrumental in organizing financing for the construction of Zion's new chapel, which was constructed in 1978.
Interviewed by D. Clay Anderson in Marietta, Georgia on October 5, 2009.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The digital reproductions on this site are provided for research consultation and scholarly purposes only. To request permission to publish, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, or distribute this material in any format outside of fair use please contact the Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Holding Institution:
- Kennesaw State University. Department of Archives, Rare Books and Records Management