- Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights Series
- Interview with Don Johnson, 2009 October 20
- Briggs, Stephen M.
- Contributor to Resource:
- McKay, John
Scott, Thomas Allan, 1943-
- Interview with Don Johnson, 2009-10-20, Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights series, 2009-2010, Kennesaw State University Oral History Project, 1973- , KSU/45/05/001, Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Date of Original:
- Cobb County (Ga.)--Social life and customs
African Americans--Georgia--Cobb County--Interviews
Kennesaw State University--History
- Johnson, David
- United States, Georgia, Cobb County, Marietta, 33.9526, -84.54993
- oral histories (literary works)
- Don Johnson was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and received a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree from Northwest Missouri State College in Maryville, Missouri. After earning a Doctorate in Education from the University of Missouri, Mr. Johnson joined the Monsanto Company and lived in Pensacola, Florida, and Charleston, West Virginia. In 1985 he accepted a position with the Lockheed-Georgia Company and moved to Cobb County, Georgia. He started the Don Johnson State Farm Insurance Agency in 1986. Mr. Johnson attends Zion Baptist in Marietta, Georgia, and is a Trustee for the KSU Foundation.
Interviewed by Stephen Briggs and John McKay in Marietta, Georgia on October 20, 2009.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The digital reproductions on this site are provided for research consultation and scholarly purposes only. To request permission to publish, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, or distribute this material in any format outside of fair use please contact the Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Holding Institution:
- Kennesaw State University. Department of Archives, Rare Books and Records Management