- Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights Series
- Interview with Reginald Hobert Kemp, 2009 October 31
- Briggs, Stephen M.
- Contributor to Resource:
- McKay, John
Scott, Thomas Allan, 1943-
Kemp, Reginald Hobert, 1931-
- Interview with Reginald Hobert Kemp, 2009-10-31, Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights series, 2009-2010, Kennesaw State University Oral History Project, 1973- , KSU/45/05/001, Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Date of Original:
- Cobb County (Ga.)--Social life and customs--20th century
African Americans--Georgia--Cobb County--Interviews
Kemp, Reginald Hobert, 1931- --Interviews
- Kemp, Reginald Hobert, 1931-
- United States, Georgia, Cobb County, Marietta, 33.9526, -84.54993
- oral histories (literary works)
- Reginald Hobert Kemp was born in Acworth, Georgia, and attended a church school in the Red Rock Community. At the age of 8 his family moved to Marietta, Georgia, and Kemp attended the Liberty Hill Baptist Church school and Powder Springs High School. He left school to work, first at the Kelly Motor Company then the Lockheed-Georgia Company. Kemp was inducted into the U.S. Army, returning to Lockheed-Georgia at the end of his service. He was employed at Lockheed-Georgia for 45 years in a variety of postiions.
Interviewed by John McKay and Stephen Briggs in Marietta, Georgia on October 31, 2009.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The digital reproductions on this site are provided for research consultation and scholarly purposes only. To request permission to publish, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, or distribute this material in any format outside of fair use please contact the Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Holding Institution:
- Kennesaw State University. Department of Archives, Rare Books and Records Management