- Bill Wilson Photographs, 1938-1979, undated
- Candler Field
- Date of Original:
- Racetracks (Automobile racing)
Candler Field (Atlanta, Ga.)
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of airplanes at Candler Field in Atlanta, Georgia.
Candler field was a racetrack owned by Asa Griggs Candler. The field was built in 1909 but was abandoned by 1923. Alderman William Hartsfield (later Atlanta Mayor William Hartsfield) proposed that the field should be used as an airport for the city, and in 1925 the field is leased to the city for this purpose.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 99.438.02
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 4 x 5 in. black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Bill Wilson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center