- Bill Wilson Photographs, 1938-1979, undated
- Southern Railway
- Wilson, Bill (William Bryan), 1914-1993
- Date of Original:
- Railroad cars
Southern Railway Company
Norfolk Southern Railway Company
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Southern Railway engine No. 1509 nicknamed "Maud."
The Southern Railway Company was founded in 1894 with the consolidation of the Richmond and Danville Rail Road System and the East Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia Rail Road. Over the years the Southern Railway Company continued to absorb other failing railroads into its system. The company now runs under the name Norfolk Southern Railway.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 99.432.01
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 4 x 5 in. black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Bill Wilson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center