- Bill Wilson Photographs, 1938-1979, undated
- Municipal Zoo
- Wilson, Bill (William Bryan), 1914-1993
- Date of Original:
Clothing and dress
Municipal Zoo (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Grant Park, 33.7367734, -84.3718705
- View of Mrs. Thornton Kennedy riding an elephant at the Grant Park Zoo in Atlanta, Georgia.
Grant Park is the name of the oldest park in the city of Atlanta and for the surrounding neighborhood. The park was established in 1882 when engineer and businessman Lemuel P. Grant donated 100 acres of his land to the city of Atlanta. The city acquired an additional 44 acres in 1890. In 1889, the park became the site of a public zoo, and in 1892 the circular painting of the Battle of Atlanta was exhibited there. The painting known as the Atlanta Cyclorama would eventually gain its own dedicated building in the park in 1921.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 99.347.01
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 8 x 10 in. black and white print
- Original Collection:
- Bill Wilson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center