- Bill Wilson Photographs, 1938-1979, undated
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution Building
- Wilson, Bill (William Bryan), 1914-1993
- Date of Original:
School field trips--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta Journal (Firm)
Atlanta Constitution (Firm)
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of unidentified students taking a tour of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Building in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Journal was established in 1883 by E. F. Hoge. The paper was sold to Hoke Smith in 1887. The Atlanta Journal also founded the Sunday Magazine and Atlanta's first radio station WSB. In 1939 both the paper and the radio station were sold to James Cox, and are now owned by Cox Enterprises. In 1950 Cox also bought the Journal's rival paper the Atlanta Constitution, and merged the two papers in 1982.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 99.308.02
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 2 1/4 in. or smaller black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Bill Wilson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center