- Martin Stupich Photographs, 1977-1978
- MARTA, Broad Street Line
- Stupich, Martin, 1949-
- Martin Stupich Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Metropolitan Area Rapid Transit Authority (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Broad Street, 33.896647, -84.299475
- Broad Street South from Marietta Street, With Pile Drivers and Sunlight
View of the construction of the Broad Street MARTA line near Five Points in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is the principle rapid transit system for the city of Atlanta, and outlying counties. MARTA was established in 1965 by an act of the Georgia General Assembly. In 1972 MARTA purchased the Atlanta Transit System and took control of the area's bus transportation. Construction began on a rapid rail system in 1975 with the first rail service commencing in 1979.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 115.31.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 10 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center