- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- MARTA Airport Station
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- An aerial view of the shell structure of MARTA's Airport Station (foreground) with the north and south terminals at each end of the station. The station was build concurrently with the Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport midfield terminal.
Elevated view of MARTA's (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) rail station at Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport (later renamed Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport) in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is the principle rapid transit system for the city of Atlanta, and outlying counties. MARTA was established in 1965 by an act of the Georgia General Assembly. In 1972 MARTA purchased the Atlanta Transit System and took control of the area's bus transportation. Construction began on a rapid rail system in 1975 with the first rail service commencing in 1979.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 158.15.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 6 1/2 x 9 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center