- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel
- Coffin, Zachary, 1968-
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Architectural elements--Georgia--Atlanta
Portman, John, Jr., 1924-, architect
Marriott Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Peachtree Center Avenue, 33.759066, -84.386072
View of the interior of the Atlanta Marriott hotel in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is the 14th tallest skyscraper in Atlanta, built in 1985. It was designed by Atlanta architect John C. Portman, Jr. and is often referred to as the "Pregnant Building" because of its bulging base. Another defining feature of the hotel is its large atrium which was the largest in the world at its completion, spanning the entire height of the building and consisting of two vertical chambers divided by elevator shafts and bridges.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 158.08.31
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 7 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center