Agnes Scott Hall

Collection:
Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
Title:
Agnes Scott Hall
Creator:
Medlock, Susan
Publisher:
Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Date of Original:
1987
Subject:
Towers--Georgia--Atlanta
Universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta
Architectural elements--Georgia--Atlanta
Agnes Scott Hall (Decatur, Ga.)
Location:
United States, Georgia, DeKalb County, Decatur, 33.7748275, -84.2963123
United States, Georgia, Decatur, East College Avenue, 33.773563, -84.285462
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Agnes Scott College. Agnes Scott Hall or "Main," as it is popularly called, built in 1891
View of Agnes Scott Hall on the campus of Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia.
Decatur Female Seminary was established in 1889 as an an all girls' elementary school. The school was renamed Agnes Scott Institute after Agnes Irvine Scott in 1890, and was renamed Agnes Scott College in 1906.
Local Identifier:
VIS 158.10.01
ahc158010001a.jpg
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/southline/id/232
Rights Holder:
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Extent:
5 x 7 in. silver gelatin print
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center

Locations