- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- Lewis, John
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights leaders--Georgia--Atlanta
Civil rights leaders--Georgia
Political parades and rallies--Georgia--Atlanta
Political parades and rallies--Georgia
Lewis, John, 1940-
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Georgia congressman John Lewis at a campaign rally in Atlanta, Georgia.
John Robert Lewis (1940- ) is a civil rights leader and politician. He served as the chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) during the height of the Civil Rights Movement. He was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1986, becoming only the second African-American to represent Georgia in Congress since Reconstruction. Lewis continues to serve as the Representative of Georgia's 5th Congressional District.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 158.01.201
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 7 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center