- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- Jackson, Ira
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- Portrait of Atlanta Aviation Commissioner, Ira Jackson.
Ira Jackson was elected to the Atlanta Board of Aldermen, later renamed the City Council, in 1969 and was re-elected five times. In the early 1990s, he served as Atlanta's Aviation Commissioner. He was later accused of accepting bribes from concessionaires at Hartsfield International Airport and was subsequently convicted on federal corruption charges.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 158.01.195
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 3 x 5 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center