- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- Fox Theatre
- Barrett, Margaret
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Midtown, 33.7868, -84.3795
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Peachtree Street, 33.804803, -84.393633
- An unidentified woman stands in front of the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia where an advertisement of Raiders of the Lost Ark appears.
The Fox Theater opened in 1929 as a movie house, but has since hosted a number of other cultural and artistic events including the Atlanta Ballet, a summer film series, and performances for various national touring companies of Broadway shows. Originally intended as the Yaarab Temple Shrine Mosque, a headquarters for the Shriners organization, the Fox Theater was completed with financing by movie mogul William Fox.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 6 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center