- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- Talmadge, Herman E.
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Talmadge, Herman Eugene, 1913-2002
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- View of United States Senator Herman E. Talmadge in his office.
Herman Talmadge, son of Eugene Talmadge who served as governor from 1933 to 1937 and again from 1941 to 1943, was governor of Georgia and a U.S. Senator from 1957-1981. He was born in McRae, Georgia on August 9, 1913, and attended the University of Georgia and served in the Navy before running his father's gubernatorial campaign. He served as governor of Georgia briefly in 1947 and again from 1948 to 1955. His term was marked by his segregationist policies.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 158.01.296
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center