- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs
- Tate, Horace
- Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--1980-1990
Government officials--Georgia--Fulton County
Tate, Horace E., 1922-2002
Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- Front: Tort Reform 2/25
View of Georgia State Senator Horace Tate inside the Georgia State Capitol building in Atlanta, Georgia.
Horace Tate was a professional educator and the first African-American candidate to seek the office of mayor of Atlanta in 1969. Tate was elected to the Georgia State Senate in 1974 and served as vice-chair of a state advisory committee to President Richard M. Nixon.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 158.01.298
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 7 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center