- Sarah Slaughter Photographs, 1910-1920
- Grant Park
- Sara Slaughter Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Date of Original:
Trees in winter--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Grant Park, 33.73677, -84.37187
- black-and-white photographs
- View of a snow covered street in the Grant Park neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia.
Trolley lines; Street Car Tracks; Street Car lines;
Grant Park is the name of the oldest park in the city of Atlanta and for the surrounding neighborhood. The park was established in 1882 when engineer and businessman Lemuel P. Grant donated 100 acres of his land to the city of Atlanta. The city acquired an additional 44 acres in 1890. In 1889, the park became the site of a public zoo, and in 1892 the circular painting of the Battle of Atlanta was exhibited there. The painting known as the Atlanta Cyclorama would eventually gain its own dedicated building in the park in 1921.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 5 x 9 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center