- Parker Lowell Photograph Collection, 1949
- Federal Prison
- Parker Lowell Photograph Collection, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Date of Original:
- Prisons--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century
Correctional institutions--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century
Federal government--United States
United States Penitentiary (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- black-and-white photographs
- [further descriptive information on reverse of photograph]
View of the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia looking northeast from the rail road tracks.
Atlanta Federal Penitentiary was constructed beginning in 1902 at 601 McDonough Boulevard. The prison is a maximum security male only detention center.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 11 x 14 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center