- Patricia Kennedy Photographs, circa 1940
- Piedmont Park
- Patricia Kennedy Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Date of Original:
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Monuments
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Piedmont Park, 33.7861, -84.3733
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Midtown, 33.7868, -84.3795
- black-and-white photographs
- View of a civil war monument at the Piedmont Road entrance to Piedmont Park in the Midtown area of Atlanta, Georgia.
The Gentleman's Driving Club (now the Piedmont Driving Club) purchased 189 acres of land in 1887 for the purposes of creating an exclusive club. On this ground, Piedmont Park was established by the Piedmont Exposition Company, to hold expositions and fairs. These fairs would include the Piedmont Exposition of 1887 and the Cotton States and International Exposition of 1895. In 1904, the City of Atlanta purchased Piedmont Park. The park is currently run through a public-private partnership.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center