Lawrenceville, Georgia

Collection:
Cotten Alston Photographs, 1972-1998, undated
Title:
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Creator:
Alston, Cotten (Robert Cotten), 1945-
Date of Original:
1972/1998
Subject:
Signs (Notices)--Georgia--Lawrenceville
Industrial facilities--Georgia--Lawrenceville
Gwinnett Progress Center (Lawrenceville, Ga.)
Location:
United States, Georgia, Gwinnett County, Lawrenceville, 33.9562149, -83.9879625
United States, Georgia, Lawrenceville, Cedar Road
Medium:
color transparencies
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
View of the Gwinnett Progress Center entrance sign, an industrial center located on 2021 Cedar Road in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Lawrenceville is the seat of Gwinnett County, Georgia and located thirty-one miles northeast of Atlanta. The land was purchased in an 1820 land lottery by Judge Elisha Winn who named the town after Captain James Lawrence, a hero in the War of 1812.
Local Identifier:
VIS 247.021.001
ahc0247021001
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/p17222coll2/id/1644
Extent:
35 mm
Original Collection:
Cotten Alston photographs, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Georgia
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center
Rights:

Locations