- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Roxy Theater
- Date of Original:
Roxy Theater (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Peachtree Street, 33.798452, -84.3910732
- [original Atlanta Journal caption on reverse of image]
View of the Roxy Theater on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Keith-Albee Georgia Theater was constructed in 1926 for well over a million dollars on the site of the former Georgia Governor's mansion at 210 Peachtree Street. It seated 2,500 patrons and was originally host to various vaudeville acts, orchestral performances, and plays, as well as movies. In the 1930's the theater was renamed the Roxy. In the fall of 1938 the Roxy was refurbished in character with its original decor. The Roxy was demolished in 1972. Its Whirlitzer pipe organ was relocated to San Sylmar, a private museum in California.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.91.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Original Collection:
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center