- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Hope, Bob
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Clothing and dress--1950-1960
Atlanta Journal (Firm)
Hope, Bob, 1903-2003
Day, Doris, 1924-
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of entertainer Bob Hope and Actress Doris Day with two unidentified Atlanta Journal employees, touring the new Atlanta Journal Building on Forsyth Street in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Journal was first published in 1883 by Atlanta attorney Edward Hoge. In 1887, Hoge sold the paper to fellow attorney and future Georgia Governor Hoke Smith. In 1939 the paper was sold to Ohio publisher James Cox, who in 1950 also bought the Atlanta Constitution. The two newspapers merged in 1982 to form the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.51.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center