- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Williams, Wayne
- Walker, Kenneth
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Clothing and dress--1980-1990
Williams, Wayne, 1958-
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Wayne Williams leaving Fulton County Jail under guard, probably for a court appearance during the Missing and Murdered Children case in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Missing and Murdered Children case pertains to a series of murders committed in Atlanta, Georgia from 1979-1981 during which 29 African-American children and young adults were killed. In 1981 police arrested Wayne Bertram Williams, and in 1982 Williams was found guilty of two of the 29 murders. The remaining murders were closed, although the case Williams' guilt was opened in 2005, and re closed in 2006. In 2007 a DNA test was done on evidence from the case but results were considered inconclusive, and Williams' sentence was not changed.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.75.03
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center