- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Roosevelt, Franklin Delano
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Funeral rites and ceremonies--Georgia
Parades and processions--Georgia
Military personnel--United States
Military uniforms--1940-1950--United States
World War, 1939-1945--Georgia--Atlanta
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Death and burial
Terminal Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of of an armed guard from Camp Sibert as President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's funeral train pulls into Terminal Station in Atlanta, Georgia on its way from Warm Springs Georgia to Washington D.C.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the 32nd President of the United States, and served from 1933 until his death in 1945. He was Governor of New York, prior to being elected president. Roosevelt was a frequent visitor to Warm Springs, Georgia after he contacted polio. He utilized the pools at the resort town to heal his legs. Roosevelt visited Georgia over forty-one times between 1924 and 1945, and consequently endeared himself to many of the state's residents.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.66.08
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center