- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Tallulah Falls
- Rogers, Kenneth, 1907-1989
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- State parks and reserves--Georgia--Tallulah Falls
- United States, Georgia, Tallulah Falls, Tallulah Gorge State Park, 34.740122, -83.390468
United States, Georgia, Habersham County, Tallulah Falls, 34.7306498, -83.3943316
United States, Georgia, Rabun County, 34.8816822, -83.4021366
- View of a scenic overlook of Tallulah Point, and Tallulah Gorge in Tallulah, Georgia.
Located in North Georgia, Tallulah Falls was a resort area in the nineteenth century. In 1913 the Georgia Power Company dammed the falls and constructed a large hydroelectric facility at the site. In 1992, Georgia Power and the state of Georgia established the Tallulah Gorge State Park, a center for tourism.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.103.02
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center