- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Talmadge, Eugene
- Rogers, Kenneth, 1907-1989
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Presidential inaugurations--Washington (D.C.)
Seaboard Air Line Railway
Talmadge, Eugene, 1884-1946
Talmadge, Mattie Thurmond Peterson (Mrs. Eugene), 1881-1981
Russell, Richard Brevard, Jr., 1897-1971
George, Walter Franklin, 1878-1957
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Inaugurations, 1941
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Georgia Governor Eugene Talmadge (center), his wife (left of Talmadge) and U.S. Senators Richard Russell (left) and Walter George (far right) with others riding a train to Washington D.C. for the 1941 inauguration of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Eugene Talmadge served as Georgia State Commissioner of Agriculture and three terms as Governor of Georgia from 1933-1937, and 1941-1943. Talmadge was elected to a fourth term as Governor in 1946, but died before taking office.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.70.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center