- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, 1889-1985, undated
- Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel
- McTyre, Joe
- Joe McTyre Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Construction equipment
Stores and shops--Georgia--Atlanta
Cities and towns--Georgia
Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of the construction of the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel was designed and built by John Portman & Associates and completed in 1976. When it was built it was the tallest hotel in the world standing at 73 floors or 723 ft. The Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel is located on Peachtree Street on the former location of the Henry Grady Hotel which was demolished to make way for the Westin.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 106.28.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 2 1/4 in. or smaller black and white negative
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center