Terminal Station

Collection:
Cortlandt F. Luce, Jr. Photographs, 1948-1988, undated
Title:
Terminal Station
Creator:
Luce, Cortlandt F., Jr., 1907-1992
Publisher:
Cortlandt F. Luce, Jr. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Date of Original:
1948-09
Subject:
Railroad facilities--Georgia--Atlanta
Railroad stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Buildings--Georgia--Atlanta
Automobiles--1940-1950
Vehicles--Georgia--Atlanta
Transportation--Georgia--Atlanta
Railroads--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.)
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
View looking along the front facade of Terminal Station at the corner of Mitchell and Spring Streets in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Terminal Station was designed in the Beaux-Arts style by Washington architect P. Thornton Marye, and built by Atlanta contractors Gude & Walker. The structure was completed in 1905 and the station was later renovated in 1947. Terminal Station was at Mitchell and Spring Streets, until its demolition in 1972.
Local Identifier:
VIS 114.84.02
ahc114084002a.jpg
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Luce/id/9
Rights Holder:
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Extent:
8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center

Locations