- Cortlandt F. Luce, Jr. Photographs, 1948-1988, undated
- Atlantic Steel
- Luce, Cortlandt F., Jr., 1907-1992
- Cortlandt F. Luce Jr. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Atlantic Steel Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- Aerial view of the Atlantic Steel mill (left) in Atlanta, Georgia.
Atlantic Steel was the first steel mill in Georgia. It was founded in 1901 as Atlanta Hoop Company to make cotton bale ties and barrel hoops. It was reorganized into Atlantic Steel Company in 1915 and broadened its product lines over the years. Operations at the plant were discontinued in 1998.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 114.04.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center