- Cortlandt F. Luce, Jr. Photographs, 1948-1988, undated
- Stone Mountain
- Luce, Cortlandt F., Jr., 1907-1992
- Cortlandt F. Luce Jr. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- State parks and reserves--Georgia--Stone Mountain
- United States, Georgia, DeKalb County, Stone Mountain, 33.8081608, -84.170196
United States, Georgia, Stone Mountain, Stone Mountain State Park, 33.832909, -84.151386
- View of Stone Mountain in Stone Mountain, Georgia.
Stone Mountain is composed of granite and has a bas-relief sculpture of Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis carved into its face. The carving was conceived by Helen Plane in 1909, and carved by several artists whose work was subsequently removed from the mountain. In 1964, artist Walker Hancock took up the carving which was eventually completed by Roy Faulkner in 1970. In 1958, the state of Georgia purchased the property surrounding Stone Mountain and converted it into a public park.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 114.58.21
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center