- Cortlandt F. Luce, Jr. Photographs, 1948-1988, undated
- Southeastern Fair, circa 1950
- Luce, Cortlandt F., Jr., 1907-1992
- Cortlandt F. Luce, Jr. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Clothing and dress--1940-1950
Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.)
Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Lakewood Park, 33.7037188, -84.3924266
- "Lets Join the Show"
View of two unidentified boys sitting on a hill overlooking the Endy Brothers Shows trailers during the Southeastern Fair at Lakewood Park in Atlanta, Georgia.
The resort area that would come to be known as Lakewood Park opened in 1893. In 1915 it began hosting the Southeastern Fair and in 1938, Lakewood Speedway was built on the property. The Southeastern Fair was discontinued in 1975, and Lakewood Speedway ceased stock car racing in 1979. In the 1980's it became home to a motion picture complex, an antique flea market, and an amphitheater.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 114.107.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 11 x 14 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center