- Joseph Brown photographs of downtown Atlanta
- Equitable building
- Brown, Joseph
- Joseph Brown photographs of downtown Atlanta, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Equitable Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
Candler Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Five Points, 33.754553, -84.390118
- View of the Equitable building (left) and the Candler Building (right) in the Five Points area of downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Equitable Building was built in 1892 on 47 North Pryor Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. It was built by real estate developer Joel Hurt who hired the firm of Brown and Root to design the structure. Its name was later changed to the Trust Company of Georgia Building. A second Equitable building was constructed in 1968 on the site of the former Piedmont Hotel at 100 Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 214.02.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center