- Joseph Brown photographs of downtown Atlanta
- Central City Park
- Brown, Joseph
- Joseph Brown photographs of downtown Atlanta, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Trust Company of Georgia (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Central City Park, 33.622302, -84.379657
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Woodruff Park, 33.75566, -84.38854
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Five Points, 33.75427, -84.38965
- Still Image
- Elevated view of the renovation of Central City Park (later known as Woodruff Park) in the Five Points area of downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Central City Park, a 1.7-acre tract of land bordered by Peachtree Street, Auburn Avenue, Pryor Street (now Park Place), and Edgewood Avenue in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, was dedicated in 1973. In 1971, an anonymous donor had given the city $9,000,000 for the purchase and development of the land. It was later revealed that Robert W. Woodruff had donated the funds for the park and it was renamed in his honor in 1985.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 214.01.04
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center