- Joseph Brown photographs of downtown Atlanta
- Trust Company of Georgia
- Brown, Joseph
- Joseph Brown photographs of downtown Atlanta, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Trust Company of Georgia (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Five Points, 33.754553, -84.390118
- View of the Trust Company of Georgia Building in the Five Points area of downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Trust Company of Georgia began as the Commercial Travelers' Savings Bank, founded in 1891 by Atlanta businessman Joel Hurt. Two years later Ernest Woodruff, then a board member, urged that the savings bank be reorganized as a trust and investment bank. The institution was duly renamed the Trust Company of Georgia until 1995 when it became SunTrust.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 214.11.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center