- Herbert T. Jenkins Photographs
- Atlanta Police Department
- Herbert Jenkins Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Law enforcement officers--Georgia--Atlanta
Law enforcement training--Georgia--Atlanta
Jenkins, Herbert, 1907-1990
Atlanta Police Department (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- First Police Recruit School of the Atlanta Police Department - July and August, 1947
View of the first graduating class of police recruits in the Atlanta Police Department under police chief Herbert Jenkins, in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Police Department was formed in 1873 with 26 officers. Thomas Jones was elected the first Atlanta Chief of Police.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 43.11.05
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 5 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center