- Herbert T. Jenkins Photographs
- Candler, Asa
- Herbert Jenkins Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Business people--Georgia--Atlanta
Clothing and dress--1920-1930
Candler, Asa Griggs, 1851-1929
Atlanta Police Department (Atlanta, Ga.)
Candler Field (Atlanta, Ga.)
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Atlanta businessman Asa Candler (second from left) with three other unidentified men in front of an airplane on Candler field (now Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport) in Atlanta, Georgia.
Asa Griggs Candler was a business man who made most of his money owning the Coca-Cola Company. Candler also founded the Central Bank and Trust Company, and donated a great deal of money to the Methodist Church, and Emory University. He built the Candler building in 1906, and in 1916 became Atlanta's Mayor.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 43.12.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center