- Herbert H. Lee Photographs, 1919-1968, undated
- English American Building
- Lee, Herbert H.
- Herbert H. Lee Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Cities and towns--Georgia
English American Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Peachtree Street, 33.804803, -84.393633
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Broad Street, 33.896647, -84.299475
- Elevated view of the English American Building (also known as the Flatiron Building) and Peachtree Street (left) and Broad Street (right) in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The English American Building was constructed in 1897, by architect Bradford Gilbert, at the corner of Broad and Peachtree Streets in Atlanta, Georgia. After the popularity of the Flatiron building in New York, which is shaped the same as the English American Building, the Atlanta structure adopted the Flatiron name.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 130.01.60
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 2 x 4 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center