- Herbert H. Lee Photographs, 1919-1968, undated
- Atlanta Fire
- Lee, Herbert H.
- Herbert H. Lee Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Clothing and dress--1910-1920
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Boulevard, 33.763233, -84.371972
- Dr. J. F. Huff "Uncle Frank"
View of Dr. J. F. Huff standing in 450 North Boulevard after a fire destroyed his home in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Fire of 1917 began just after noon on May 21 in a warehouse north of Decatur Street. Due to other fires on that same day the response to this fire was slow and so the fire spread north quickly burning through the low income housing of the Fourth Ward. The fire was not put out completely until 10 o'clock that night. It destroyed 300 acres of homes, businesses and other structures.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 130.42.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 2 x 4 in. sepia toned silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center