- Mrs. William Gayle photographs, circa 1953
- Carnegie Library
- Mrs. William Gayle Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Date of Original:
- Cities and towns--Georgia
City and town life--Georgia--Atlanta
Central business districts--Georgia--Atlanta
Carnegie Library of Atlanta
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Carnegie Way, 33.758728, -84.388918
- black-and-white photographs
- View of the front of the Carnegie Library on Carnegie Way in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Carnegie Library was Atlanta's first public library. It was built by New York architects Ackerman & Ross and opened in 1902. The building was located on 126 Carnegie Way in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, and was demolished in 1977.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center