- Carl Dixon Photographs, 1952
- Georgia Military Academy
- Dixon, Carl
- Carl Dixon Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Date of Original:
- College Park (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
School buildings--Georgia--College Park
Military education--Georgia--College Park
Building, Brick--Georgia--College Park
Tower clocks--United States
Woodward, John Charles
Georgia Military Academy
Georgia Military Academy. Founder's Hall
Tennis courts--Georgia--College Park
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, College Park, 33.65344, -84.44937
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, 33.79025, -84.46702
- black-and-white photographs
- View of Founder's Hall (left) and the Gymnasium on the Georgia Military Academy campus, located on 1162 Rugby Avenue in College Park, Georgia.
School; Junior; Boarding; Campus; Gym; Athletics
College Park was established in 1890, as the city of Manchester, along the Atlanta and West Point Railway line. The name was changed to College Park in 1896. The Georgia Military Academy was founded by John Woodward in 1900 and was renamed Woodward Academy in 1966. The building in this image was originally called Old Main.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center