- Duane L. Cronk Photographs, 1978-1980, undated
- Civic Center MARTA Station
- Cronk, Duane L.
- Duane L. Cronk Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Ga.
- Date of Original:
Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
Building--Equipment and supplies
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- black-and-white photographs
- View of the construction of the Civic Center MARTA Station, looking towards Peachtree Plaza in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Skylines; Birds eye; Birdseye
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority or MARTA was established in the 1965 with the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Act. In 1972 MARTA purchased the Atlanta Transit System and took control of the area's bus transportation. In the 1970's MARTA began construction of a rapid rail system and in 1979 began operating its first train.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center