- Duane L. Cronk Photographs, 1978-1980, undated
- Civic Center MARTA Station
- Cronk, Duane L.
- Duane L. Cronk Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Ga.
- Date of Original:
Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
Building--Equipment and supplies
Steel framing (Building)--Georgia--Atlanta
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- black-and-white photographs
- View of the construction of the Civic Center MARTA Station, looking towards Peachtree Plaza in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Skylines; Birds eye; Birdseye
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is the principle rapid transit system for the city of Atlanta, and outlying counties. MARTA was established in 1965 by an act of the Georgia General Assembly. In 1972 MARTA purchased the Atlanta Transit System and took control of the area's bus transportation. Construction began on a rapid rail system in 1975 with the first rail service commencing in 1979.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center