- O.J. Coogler Photographs, 1954
- Roswell Presbyterian Church
- Coogler, O. J., Jr.
- O. J. Coogler, Jr. Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Ga.
- Date of Original:
- Roswell (Ga.)--History--19th century
Roswell Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian church buildings--Georgia--Roswell--History--1951-
Roswell (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Roswell, 34.0231553, -84.3615928
- black-and-white photographs
- [further information on reverse of photograph]
View of Roswell Presbyterian Church in Roswell, Georgia.
In 1839 families arriving in what would become Roswell, Georgia invited Reverend Nathaniel Pratt to organize a Presbyterian Church and to become their pastor. He took up the office in 1840 and the church was incorporated in December of 1840. The town of Roswell was incorporated four years later with its borders set in a one mile radius around the church. The church is still in use.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center