- Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972
- Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot
- Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Railroad companies--Georgia--Atlanta
Railroads--Buildings and structures--Georgia--Atlanta
Signs and signboards--Georgia--Atlanta
Weathering of buildings--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of the Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta & West Point Rail Road, originally called the LaGrange Railroad, was completed in May, 1854, and renamed the Atlanta & West Point Rail Road in 1857. It was an 80-mile line from East Point, about six miles southwest of Atlanta, to LaGrange and West Point. The line was a major impetus to Atlanta's emergence as a rail center.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
- 1 photograph : color ; 3 x 3 in., Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center