Atlanta Fire Station No. 16

Collection:
Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972
Title:
Atlanta Fire Station No. 16
Publisher:
Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Date of Original:
1928
Subject:
Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta
Fire departments--Uniforms
Fire departments--Georgia--Atlanta
Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Men--Georgia--Atlanta
Men's clothing--Georgia--Atlanta
Suits (Clothing)--Georgia--Atlanta
Hats--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Station No. 16
Fire engines--Georgia--Atlanta
Fire helmets--Georgia--Atlanta
Dwellings--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
Medium:
gelatin silver prints
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Group portrait of Atlanta Fire Station No. 16 in Atlanta, Georgia
The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/CamFire/id/78
Rights Holder:
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
Extent:
1 photograph : sepia ; 6 x 10 in., Atlanta History Center
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center

Locations