- Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972
- Atlanta Fire Station No. 12
- Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Station No. 12
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Cottingham, J. D.
Harrison, W. B.
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Moreland Avenue, 33.763624, -84.349232
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, DeKalb Avenue, 33.761656, -84.342423
- gelatin silver prints
- [further information on reverse of image]
View of a test run of the Atlanta Fire Department's first motor driven engine, at the corner of Moreland and Dekalb Avenues in Atlanta, Georgia.
The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
- 1 photograph : sepia ; 8 x 10 in., Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center